Not surprising. Most people don’t just pop out of bed full of energy either. Many rely on coffee to jump start their day. Although, is coffee really all it’s cracked up to be? Not necessarily. That’s why Morrocco Method and Anthony opt for a natural energy drink in their morning routine.
Caffeine is a false energy source for the body. In fact, caffeine is known to:
- negatively affect sleep patterns, mood and bowel function
- be extremely acidic, which is associated with digestive discomfort
- interfere with the body’s normal metabolism levels and natural detoxification process
Is there a healthier, more natural energy drink for the morning?
WE’RE ASKING ANTHONY!
Q: What’s your go-to natural energy drink instead of morning coffee?
A: I’ve had the same morning routine for decades. It starts off with a natural energy drink. I swear by it! Here’s the recipe:
- a BIG mug of HOT WATER
- a few drops of raw HONEY (from your local farmer’s market)
- ½ teaspoon of raw APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (organic and unfiltered)
- ½ teaspoon of MOLASSES (I use Blackstrap brand)
- Freshly squeezed LEMON for taste (locally bought- I often use a Meyer lemon)
- A pinch of CAYENNE PEPPER for taste
I add more hot water to my natural energy drink as I go about my morning. I drink this until it’s gone. After that, I sip warm water or hot green tea (full of antioxidants).
Q: What are the benefits of your natural energy drink recipe?
A: Easy, the ingredients! It’s perfect for helping with digestion.
- Hot water increases your metabolic rate
- Honey is a natural energy booster with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Apple Cider Vinegar balances your body’s pH levels
- Molasses is full of potassium and iron, which is needed in the morning
- Lemon is great for boosting the immune system and flushing out toxins
- Cayenne pepper stimulates circulation
Make sure your products are local and fresh, especially honey. Honey’s essential nutrients are destroyed when pasteurized.
Try Anthony’s natural energy drink recipe for a healthy boost of energy in the morning that lasts all day!